Do you feel like your smile could be better? Are you suffering with discolored teeth? Maybe you have a couple of chipped teeth, or some that are slightly turned or gapped. Pure Gold Professionals in Dentistry, located in Redlands, CA, wants you to feel great about your smile. It’s why we offer our patients veneers treatment. Our patients’ health and happiness are paramount.
HISTORY OF DENTAL VENEERS:
Veneers are sometimes thought of as a “Hollywood” thing, with celebrities having dental veneers to give them camera-ready smiles. The history of veneers begins in Hollywood. During the 1920s, Dr. Charles Pincus, Hollywood dentist, would temporarily apply false fronts to celebrities’ teeth for photo ready glamor. He didn’t have the technology to attach these false fronts permanently. In the late 1960s, Dr. Michael Bunocore discovered that by etching teeth with an acidic solution, a more effective bonding surface was achieved. In 1982, J.R. Calamia and R.J. Simonsen used Dr. Bunocore’s techniques for veneers, making them a permanent solution!
Benefits of veneers:
- The wafer-thin porcelain shells mimic natural tooth enamel.
- Veneers are stain resistant.
- Colors can be chosen for a brighter smile!
- Veneers are a conservative approach, requiring far less work than crowns.
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well, meaning a seamless integration into your smile.
- Veneers can last up to ten years.
- No special care required. If good oral hygiene practices are observed, your veneers will have a long life of looking great.
Pure Gold Professionals in Dentistry offers you a state-of-the-art office to receive the very best dental care available. We treat each patient as an individual. We always ensure that any treatment we proceed with fits your lifestyle. Call us today to schedule a consultation to find out more about how veneers can help you have your very own Hollywood smile! [phone].