Do you love to indulge in an occasional glass of red wine? Do you need your morning cup of coffee to get you going? If you answered yes to either of these questions, chances are you are seeing the effects of these beverages on your teeth. Nowadays, it is easier than ever to achieve a brighter, whiter smile. At Pure Gold Dental, we offer our patients the advantages of professional teeth whitening technology to transform their smile into one that dazzles.
What causes teeth to stain?
There is a variety of reasons that your teeth may have lost their youthful sheen. Here are some of the most common:
- Genetics. Your genes play a large role in the color of your teeth. The truth is some people are just born with naturally whiter or duller teeth. This affects how white your teeth stay throughout the years.
- Eating habits. Dark foods and beverages are notorious for staining teeth. Red wine, coffee, sodas, red pasta sauces, and acidic foods can all breakdown tooth enamel and leave teeth dingy and dull looking.
- Smoking. Nicotine and tobacco can cause brown spots to appear on the teeth.
- Aging. Teeth naturally tend to get darker as we age because of stain accumulation throughout the years.
- Clenching. Frequent clenching or grinding of the teeth can cause dark spots to appear along the edges.
With all of the over-the-counter teeth whitening products available, you may wonder why you would choose to come to Pure Gold Dental for teeth whitening. While over the counter methods can help reduce the appearance of stains, they do not work to make teeth whiter than their natural color. With professional grade teeth whitening technology, you can achieve teeth that are several shades whiter in just a single office visit.
The advantages of professional teeth whitening include:
- Stronger bleaching agent
- Protective measures for the gums
- Customizable results
When you choose Pure Gold Dental for your teeth whitening services, you are making the decision to rejuvenate your smile into one that will be the envy of all of your friends. If you are in the Highlands area, call us to learn more about the advantages of in-office teeth whitening.