The pain from an infected tooth is horrible. If you have ever had an infected tooth, you know this is true. Pure Gold Professionals in Dentistry, located in Redlands CA, is passionate about providing the very best care to each patient. We don’t want to see any of our patients suffer unnecessarily! Therefore, we recommend and perform root canal treatment for our patients with infected teeth.
Signs a root canal might be needed:
- If you experience lingering pain after heat is applied to the infected tooth.
- Serious pain if the tooth has pressure on it.
- The tooth darkens.
- If your gums are swollen or tender in the area around the tooth.
- Sometimes, a small, pimple-like bump presents on the gums around the infected tooth.
Why a root canal will help:
- After x-rays are done to ensure that a root canal is the best treatment path, we will then use local anesthetic to numb the area to ensure the highest level of comfort for you.
- We use special tools to remove the dental pulp inside of your tooth, eliminating the infection, and bacteria. The area will be cleaned, disinfected, and filled.
- We then seal the opening, usually with a composite filling, and place a crown to keep the tooth from further harm.
- For a few hours directly after having the procedure done, your lips and gums will most likely remain numb from the anesthetic used.
- There will usually be some discomfort after the anesthetic wears off. This can be treated with ibuprofen, acetaminophen, or, if we feel something stronger will be needed, we will prescribe a pain reliever for you.
- Within one to two days, your tooth and jaw will be back to normal.
Don’t let tooth pain rule your life another day! Call us at [phone] for an appointment.