It used to be that orthodontic treatment was a rite of passage for most kids. While some children were lucky enough to be born with beautifully aligned teeth, many others had to undergo years of treatment with metal brackets, sharp wires, and rubber bands to achieve a great-looking smile. Even though the final result was positive, the whole process could be long and frustrating. However, now that the field of dentistry has changed, orthodontic treatment is quicker and come with less discomfort and embarrassment than before.
Now, dentists like Dr. Terry Vines of Pure Gold Professionals in Dentistry are able to offer orthodontic treatment as part of their cosmetic dentistry services. Instead of being referred to a new specialist, patients can achieve great results from the same dentist they’ve come to know and trust. Further, the technology of orthodontics has changed and many patients no longer have to use traditional braces. Instead they can get a great smile using clear alignment trays. A treatment that gently shifts the teeth without causing self-consciousness or embarrassment.
If you’ve been considering improving your smile with orthodontic health care, here are five things to consider:
- A great smile can improve your confidence and overall wellness. When we look better, we feel better. Flashing a beautiful smile can improve relationships, make you appear happier and friendlier, and boost your self-esteem.
- While it can feel like everyone else in the world has a gorgeous smile, those smiles don’t always come naturally. There’s no shame in needing to undergo orthodontic treatment. The shape and alignment of your teeth are genetic and it’s no indication of oral health habits.
- Using clear aligners instead of traditional braces is not only good for your self-confidence during treatment it is also good for your oral health. Metal braces with wires can make brushing and flossing a challenge. On the other hand, the alignment trays can be removed while eating and for brushing. This helps ensure that food particles don’t get stuck on your teeth.
- Alignment trays also require fewer visits to the dentist or orthodontist than traditional braces. This is because traditional braces need to be tightened in order to shift the teeth into place. Invisalign orthodontic treatment follows a predetermined path of treatment that requires the user to wear an alignment tray for two weeks and then switch to the next tray in the series.
- Like any dental treatment, there is no one-size-fits-all path to a great smile. Your first step is to talk with a trusted dentist to determine if Invisalign orthodontic treatment will work for you.
If you live in the Redlands, CA, area and want to learn more about orthodontic treatment to achieve a happy and healthy smile, call Dr. Terry Vines at Pure Gold Professionals in Dentistry today.