Treatment options available to patients with gum disease
Gum disease is a serious condition that needs to be addressed as soon as possible for the best results. Also known as periodontal disease, gum disease can dramatically affect the health and wellness of the smile. Dr. Terry Vines of Pure Gold Professionals in Dentistry believes in helping others in achieving a beautiful smile that is also healthy. This is because the health of the smile is a direct connection to the health of the body. Bacteria in the mouth can be carried through the blood stream to other organs in the body. It can cause patients to be at a higher risk for conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, and strokes. Maintaining a healthy smile is one way to reduce the risk of medical problems while enjoying healthy teeth and gums.
Patients who develop gum disease have a few treatment options available to them. When the initial stages of gum disease are present, such as gingivitis, patients are only dealing with mild infection. It can cause their breath to smell bad even after brushing their teeth and can result in bleeding and inflammation of the gum tissue. The gum tissue can also be red and swollen. When patients are diagnosed with gingivitis, treatment often requires a professional cleaning of the teeth and gums. This can remove bacteria, plaque, and tartar, which can affect the health of the smile.
When periodontal disease has been left untreated, it can continue to progress into a more serious concern. Periodontal disease in the later stages can result in the development of irreversible damage such as shrinking gum tissue, diminishing bone, and lost teeth. Patients who have later stages of periodontal disease need to see Dr. Terry Vines for a proper diagnosis and then discuss treatment options. In many cases, antibiotics may need to be taken orally or applied topically, and patients may need to undergo a procedure known as scaling and root planing. This is more invasive and is only done for the later stages of periodontal disease.
About Dr. Terry Vines
Pure Gold Professionals in Dentistry are committed to providing patients of all backgrounds with the best quality dental care with elevated professional standards. Dr. Terry Vines and his team of skilled dentists are specialized in cosmetic and general dentistry treatments. Dr. Vines gained his dental degree from the Loma Linda University School of Dentistry and he has been actively practicing dentistry since 1987. He holds membership in many prestigious dental associations including the American Dental Association and his patients value his compassionate nature and patient centric approach.
- Dental Gum Health at Redlands CA - The importance of preventative care and gum health is stressed at Redlands, CA dental office
- Dental Gum Treatment in Redlands CA - Finding the best dental treatment for gum disease in Redlands, CA
- Gingivitis Treatment Redlands CA - Identification and treatment of gingivitis in Redlands, CA
- Treatment of Gum Disease in Redlands - Redlands area dentist explains treatment of gum disease
- Dental Gum Treatment In Redlands - What treatment options are available for gum disease?
- Best Results Periodontal Disease Treatment Redlands - You can enjoy the best results from periodontal disease treatment at Redlands dentistry
- Gingivitis Treatment Highland - Gum Disease in Highland - What are the treatment options for gingivitis?
Back To Gum Disease Home Page
As one of our new patients, you are entitled to the following:
Professional Teeth Whitening - $89
We know you have many choices when it comes to dentistry. We extend these offers as way of saying
"Thank you for joining our practice".
"Thank you for joining our practice".