There are many reasons your smile may not be as bright or white as you would desire it to be. Some of the factors that can affect the shades of your tooth enamel, which may be surprising, include:
- Beverages such as coffee, tea, cola, and red wine
- Certain vegetables or fruit like potatoes or apples
- Age and family genetics
- Older dental materials like amalgam restorations
- Over the counter and prescription medications, including some antibiotics, antihistamines, antidepressants, or blood pressure medications
- Excessive fluoride in water or overuse of rinses or toothpaste
- Damaged tooth enamel
- Infections or underlying health conditions
- Smoking or tobacco use
- Inadequate oral hygiene or maintenance
At Pure Gold Professionals in Dentistry, our first priority is your overall oral health and wellbeing. Dr. Terry Vines, our lead dentist and medical director, has been caring from families in and near Redlands, California for over 26 years. From children to seniors, our practice will help you and your family achieve lifelong dental wellness.
In addition to our family and pediatric dentistry services, orthodontics, cleanings and examinations, oral health screening, treatment and prevention of gum disease, and oral surgery, we offer a host of effective cosmetic and restorative dentistry treatments, including teeth whitening.
Our doctors offer the Philips Zoom! advanced whitening system, a dentist-recommended and patient-requested teeth whitening treatment. The Zoom! whitening procedure involves LED light, which activates hydrogen peroxide in the whitening gel. As the hydrogen peroxide is engaged, oxygen penetrates the enamel of the tooth, deep bleaching stains.
The procedure, which lasts around one hour, comfortably provides dramatic results immediately, with little to no sensitivity. Zoom! treatment is long-lasting and convenient take-home whitening trays are available for touch-up care and maintenance.
Other cosmetic and restorative dental services available from your Pure Gold dentist include
- Dental implants
- Crowns and bridges
- Full (complete) and partial dentures
- Porcelain veneers
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Invisalign and traditional braces
- Smile makeovers
Call us today at [phone] to restore your smile and enjoy optimal oral health. Pure Gold Professionals in Dentistry are located at 303 Brookside Avenue, Redlands, CA 92373.