At Pure Gold Professionals in Dentistry, our dentist, Dr. Terry Vines, and his associates offer a wide selection of services for both children and adults. Finding a children’s dentist that also works with adults is a great way to ensure everyone in the household gets the proper care they need. Redlands, CA area parents who are interested in working with a team of professionals to achieve the smile of their dreams while making sure their children have access to comprehensive oral healthcare are strongly encouraged to request an appointment with our team.
WHEN SHOULD MY CHILD SEE THE DENTIST?
The first dental appointment should be scheduled by the child’s first birthday as advised by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. While this might seem early for having a child seen for dental needs, especially since only a few teeth may be present, it is incredibly important that children start to build a positive relationship with their dental team. Additionally, the earlier a child is checked for cavities, educated on good oral health habits, and screened for early developmental problems, the quicker problems can be addressed and children can be returned on-track for healthy smiles.
WHAT PEDIATRIC DENTAL TREATMENTS ARE AVAILABLE AT PURE GOLD PROFESSIONALS IN DENTISTRY?
Dr. Terry Vines and his associates work routinely with children to help them build a foundation of good oral health habits. Certain procedures and treatments are designed to help children as well. Our office provides the following pediatric dental treatments:
- Topical fluoride applications. Fluoride is incorporated into the enamel of teeth to strengthen it, and in addition to fluoride obtained from toothpaste and city water, fluoride can also be applied directly onto the teeth as an extra barrier and improved protection.
- Dental sealants. Sealants are a type of plastic coating that can be applied onto the teeth. It is often placed on the molars near the back of the mouth, covering the chewing surfaces that might be at a higher risk of developing cavities. These pits and fissures can become the perfect place for bacteria to develop and may be more difficult for children to clean properly.
- Dental bonding. If your child has experienced an injury to the mouth, they might have a chipped or cracked tooth near the front of the smile. In situations such as this, our team may provide composite resin bonding to repair the tooth and improve its appearance.
- Dental extractions. There are times when dental extractions may be necessary. This might be done to remove natural teeth that have not been lost to make room for permanent teeth or to prepare a child for orthodontic work when overcrowding is an issue. Pure Gold Professionals in Dentistry offer both simple extractions and surgical extractions for both children and adults.
- Dental cleanings. Every time the child visits the dentist for their routine appointment, they will also receive a thorough, professional cleaning. Dental cleanings allow our team to evaluate the smile and ensure plaque, tartar, and calculus are removed from the surfaces of the teeth and gums.
- Education. In addition to offering physical treatments for the smile, we also take time to educate children on good oral health habits, including daily brushing and flossing. We can also answer any questions children or adults might have about oral health care and how to prevent cavities and disease.
READY TO SCHEDULE YOUR CHILD FOR A VISIT TO THE DENTIST?
Finding a dentist for kids “near me” is easy with Pure Gold Professionals in Dentistry. Our providers are pleased to offer dental care for both children and adults at our state-of-the-art facility in Redlands, California. The office is located at 303 Brookside Avenue, and our front office team can work with you on booking an appointment when you call [phone]. We are excited to meet you and your family, and help you build the proper foundation for good oral health and wellness for your children!