Orthodontist in Redlands, CA explains comprehensive orthodontics
By Terry L. Vines, Jr., D.D.S.
What is orthodontics?
The number one reason for orthodontic treatment is a healthy mouth. While many people believe that orthodontics is a cosmetic treatment to straighten teeth, they are missing the functional results that it provides. The real goal of orthodontic treatment is a good bite and a straight, beautiful smile. Having straight teeth that meet well with teeth in the opposite arch makes it easier for patients to eat and speak, and minimizes the risk for dental injuries and decay. A straight smile is also more esthetically pleasing, which can be important for confidence and self-esteem. Without orthodontic treatment, individuals can be at a higher risk for decay, gum disease, chewing/digestive issues, speech impairments, tooth loss, and more. The following issues can be corrected with orthodontic treatment:
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Incorrect jaw position
Call our office:New Patients: (909) 435-4558 | Existing Patients: (909) 793-8837 Or
Book an Appointment today.
What does comprehensive orthodontics mean?
Simply put, comprehensive orthodontics means that we offer solutions for separate phases of orthodontic treatment. From traditional braces to new technology, we have solutions that are perfect for patients of all ages.
Phases of comprehensive orthodontics:
Early Treatment – We recommend that most children have an orthodontic screening by the age of 7. Early interceptive orthodontic treatment can correct potential problems before they become serious. Because a child’s permanent teeth are still erupting, we can address impending problems and usually save you time and money overall. Examples or early treatment may be fixed or removable appliances that can create room for crowded teeth, preserve space, and improve facial symmetry by addressing jaw development.
Adult Treatment – These days, more adults are opting to improve their smiles with orthodontic treatment. In fact, because adults are often more compliant with treatment, their results can surpass those of teenagers. We offer several different options for adults seeking orthodontic treatment.
- Traditional Metal Braces – This option consists of metal brackets that are placed on the front of teeth and connected by wire. Periodic tightening keeps pressure on the teeth and gradually moves them into alignment.
- Invisalign clear aligners –This option uses a series of transparent plastic aligner trays to straighten teeth and align the jaw. The trays are swapped out every two weeks and must be worn at least 20-22 hours each day to be successful. Patients enjoy the convenience and discreetness of Invisalign treatment.
At Pure Gold Professionals in Dentistry in Redlands, CA, we understand that each patient has unique needs, which is why we offer a variety of orthodontic treatment options. Straightening teeth is more than just a cosmetic treatment, as it can improve the health of the mouth and the body by making teeth easier to keep clean and less prone to injury. If you are interested in orthodontic treatment, we invite you to call our office today at (909) 435-4558 to schedule a consultation.
- Orthodontist in Redlands, CA explains comprehensive orthodontics
- Redlands CA dentist outlines Invisalign orthodontics advantages for patients
- How to care for your teeth during orthodontics procedure in Redlands, CA
- Customized orthodontics treatment does more than just provide straight teeth for Redlands area patients
- Invisible braces at Redlands area dentist are a great option for discreet teeth straightening
Back To Orthodontic Page
As one of our new patients, you are entitled to the following:
Professional Teeth Whitening - $89
We know you have many choices when it comes to dentistry. We extend these offers as way of saying
"Thank you for joining our practice".
"Thank you for joining our practice".