Redlands, CA dentist explains the purpose of dental bonding treatment
By Terry L. Vines, Jr., D.D.S.
Purpose of dental bonding
Here are just a few ways in which dental bonding is used at the practice of Dr. Terry Vines:
- Restoring the shape of a tooth – when a tooth has been impacted and has resulted in damage such as breakage and chipping, the shape of the tooth is permanently changed. A chipped tooth may also be sharp and may cut into soft tissues of the mouth. By using dental bonding, the dentist can reshape the tooth and eliminate this concern in one appointment.
- Disguising gaps between teeth – when patients have small gaps between the anterior (front) teeth, they may feel self-conscious when they smile. It may seem like “overkill” to address these small imperfections with traditional braces. This is when patients may consider the advantages of using dental bonding to place over the gaps and disguise them.
- Fillings – when areas of decay form in the teeth, they need to be addressed with fillings. There are many materials that can be used for fillings, but when patients are interested in an aesthetic solution, they often choose composite resin. This material is the most cosmetic of them all, and blends in perfectly with the natural tooth structure.
- Covering permanent staining – there are times when permanent staining and discoloration can occur on the natural teeth. When this occurs to the teeth near the front of the mouth, it can be difficult for patients to address without the use of expensive options such as porcelain veneers. The dentist can use composite resin, which can be placed on the natural tooth enamel to cover this discoloration and match the existing teeth for seamless integration.
Call our office:New Patients: (909) 435-4558 | Existing Patients: (909) 793-8837 Or
Book an Appointment today.
What to expect during a dental bonding appointment
During the visit for dental bonding, patients may have a small amount of natural tooth enamel filed down. Then, the dental bonding is a clay-like material that is applied to the tooth, shaped in place, and hardened with a curing light. Then, the dentist will file it down and polish it, so it looks just like natural tooth enamel. The entire process is done in one visit.
Learn more with Dr. Terry Vines
The team of Pure Gold Professionals in Dentistry are committed to helping patients choose the restorative procedures that are best for their specific needs. We welcome new patients in the Redlands, CA area to book appointments at our practice by calling (909) 435-4558 and scheduling a visit at our office at 303 Brookside Avenue. Discuss dental bonding and other restorative solutions that can be used to help you achieve the smile of your dreams!
- Dentist in Redlands, CA area dental clinic offers treatment for aesthetic issues with dental bonding
- Dental practice in Redlands, CA offers tooth-colored fillings services
- Dentist in Redlands, CA helps patients obtain their dream smile with the use of porcelain veneers
- Redlands, CA dentist explains the purpose of dental bonding treatment
- Learn cosmetic dental care services available in Redlands, CA
- Benefits of cosmetic dental care in Redlands, CA for your smile and oral health
- Enjoy smile enhancing treatments with cosmetic dentistry services in Redlands
- Redlands, CA area patients ask, "Does teeth bonding look natural?"
- Can dental bonding fix gaps between teeth for patients in the Redlands, California area?
- Cosmetic dental bonding treatment in Redlands
- Patients ask, "Why should I opt for professional teeth bleaching treatment in Redland?"
- redlands, ca cosmetic dentist explains common treatments
- Pure Gold Professionals in Dentistry provide cosmetic dental care for patients in Redlands 92373
- Patients near Redlands ask, "Which dentist provides cosmetic and family dental treatments?"
- Dentist in Redlands discusses the cost and reviews cosmetic dentistry procedures available
Back To Cosmetic Dentistry Page
As one of our new patients, you are entitled to the following:
Professional Teeth Whitening - $89
We know you have many choices when it comes to dentistry. We extend these offers as way of saying
"Thank you for joining our practice".
"Thank you for joining our practice".